Immersive Art Director
Emagine brings you to where you can’t normally go through the mediums of Extended Reality. In our virtual worlds, you walk with Vikings and stroll with Roman Emperors. You train in modern medical techniques and the latest construction methods, seamlessly, without leaving your seat.
We are the secret ingredient that brings our clients’ vision to life. We are a team of highly motivated people that aspire to do great things. We work hard and have fun doing it.
We are looking for a talented and motivated Immersive Art Director to join the team. This is someone who can effectively communicate across a multidisciplinary production team. You must possess excellent leadership qualities, with the ability to maximise the talents of our team. As the nexus between idea and execution, you will work closely in collaboration with management, creatives, and clients.
You should have a broad understanding of immersive experiences, including various kinds of visual styles and techniques. You must understand all stages of production and know-how to bring components from development through post-production.
You must have a keen interest in Virtual Reality and new technologies and have a portfolio of interesting work in new mediums. You should be extremely creative and want to guide ideation, steering the overall direction of our immersive projects. You will lead the creative thinking across a diverse range of products, platforms, and environments.
- Oversee the strategy and creative direction of our consumer-facing experiences.
- Work to break down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas.
- Design, direct, and clearly communicate designs and concepts through sketches, mood boards, wireframes, visual designs, and potential prototypes cross platform.
- Help sustain a culture of excellence within our design and programming teams.
- Develop concepts and pitches as part of the sales process.
- Collaborate and iterate to serve an international audience.
- Further develop the creative of our own marketing and visual identity.
- Model inclusive behaviours that values, respects, and taps into different backgrounds and perspectives.
- 8+ years’ creative experience, including design and art direction experience.
- 3+ years’ experience managing or leading design teams.
- Experience in a multitude of creative disciplines, including immersive experiences, animation, 3D modelling, and multimedia technologies.
- Experience in interaction design, user-centred design methodologies and usability.